Friday, April 3, 2009

A Jim Daddy Reviewish Thing- Afro Samurai 360 Demo


So I took a break from moving today to play a demo from my most recent OXM Demo disc, and I have to say 2 things:
1. I haven't play the Halo Wars demo yet
2. Afro Samurai is AWESOME!

Yes that's right, there really isn't anything I didn't like about this game. There were no Quicktime events (which made me vewy happy) and near constant action with some of the best music in a video game ever IMO. There was something akin to bullet time, but they made it awesomer than any bullet time I have ever seen. There nothing like rushing around with a katana in your hand and your white headband flowing in the wind as slice and dice your enemies. I wasn't quite clear on how the health worked though. The best I can guess is that it is done from the amount of blood on your screen, I'm not sure though. The characters were somewhat well explained, but you can't expect everything from a demo ya know. I don't know much about the anime unfortunately, so I can't say anything on that front other than I know there was an anime (apparently an awesome on at that), about it by the same name. There was plenty of gore for those of you (and me) who are into that, and by into that I mean you though Nemesis from Resident Evil was beautiful. HOWEVER, the camera pissed me off. BIG TIME. Sometimes the control for it was inverted.... and sometimes not. It like a kid with ADD let loose in a candy store with a bottle of Vodka. So yeah, the camera I wasn't a fan of. The rest of it though.... freaking yes. If I actually had the money, I would buy it, and suggest you do the same. As a matter fact, go get it now; I'll wait....
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Did you get it? Good. Now play it and agree with me.
Oh, did I mention it had Samuel L. Jackson voicing and narrating? Yeah there's that too. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment